The Image Bank is where you will upload images for use in your site. You will upload page images and gallery images here per the specifications for your particular template found on the Template Specifications page. Click here if you don’t know your template specs. Template Specifications
Image Bank Viewing
You can view your Image Bank images by list or as thumbnails. You can also delete images from your image bank by selecting the box next to the image and scrolling to the bottom of the page and chosing to Delete.
Step 1. Prepare Images for Image Bank
Images on the web are different than images for print. The goal is to find a good balance between image quality and file size.
Adobe Photoshop CS2 and CS3
Here are some guidelines for preparing images using Adobe Photoshop
1. Resize your image according to the recommendations for your design
2. Make sure your image is in sRGB color space. If not, convert it by choosing Edit > Convert to Profile … and choosing sRGB
3. We recommend performing some sharpening after you have resized your image. Our preferred method is
1. Choose Filter > Sharpen > Sharpen
2. Choose Edit > Fade Sharpen …
3. Set the Fade opacity to a value that reduces the sharpening effect to an acceptable level (generally between 50 and 70)
4. Save your image by choosing File > Save for Web (do not use File > Save or File > Save As …)
1. Select JPEG format
2. Make sure progressive is not checked
3. Choose a quality level (generally between 70 and 90)
4. Resulting file size will be displayed in the lower-left of the Save for Web window
5. Click Save to save your file
***When saving, avoid special characters in your file name (# or &)
Step 2. Name Images:
When adding images to your image bank it is a good idea to name your files something you will recognize later. For example, when uploading an image to be used on your Pricing page– name the image pricing.jpg prior to uploading so it will be easy to find in the image bank when adding to the Pricing page. The same is true for gallery images. Put some sort of prefix on your files that are all related to the same gallery so you can easy find, sort and add to that particular gallery (ex: Weddings_ , Engagement_ ). *Remember, When saving, avoid special characters in your file name (# or &)
Step 3. Upload Images
To upload images click ‘select files’ choose a file with the images you want to upload. You may select up to 50 images at one time. Highlight the images you want to upload and click ‘select’. Your images will be automatically loaded into your image bank.
You can also load your images straight into your galleries once they have been created. One thing to note is that there are categories, and galleries that can be created under the Images tab.
**Categories are for organizing your galleries–they do not house any images. A standard design can support one category (ex: Portfolio) whereas a premium design can support multiple categories (ex: Weddings, Portraits, & Seniors).
Once a category has been created, then you can create galleries to be filed under that category. Ex: under the Wedding category, you could create the galleries “Jami and Jason”, & “Mike and Linda”. Once you have galleries created, then you can upload images to them by going to the “upload images” link, in the tool box, use the drop down menu, select your gallery and click the green plus button to add images to it.